Saturday, March 28, 2009

My OJT experience..


well..sedar x sdar its already 1 month ive gone through with my OJT.
time is running so fast. looking back right from the beginning, i wld say ive done nothing.
everyday is d same. i just sitting there njoy d time as much as i like. surfing d net, hv a chit chat with my colleague. sometimes it makes me bored. but i am more grateful 4 there r no task given 2 me.

so wht i like most abt my work place? huurmm..
  • geographically...i luv d location. its not too far from my house. 2 reach there, it only requires me to take a Rapid bus. cost 2 ringgit per day (go n return using d same ticket). it is more convenient than taking a train where crowded people disallow u even 2 breath!
  • structurally...my office is cool. i'll post some of d pict later in d end. my desk is located just outside of ur boss's room. of course, he can see me right through since there was only a wall of glass separated.
  • socially...all d staff is Ok, nice. there were only 6 (including boss) permanent workers. but there r 3 other practical stdnts. its not difficult 2 mingle since all of them are malay. my boss is very sporting. A doctorate yet very humble, nice, single n supportive.
  • timely...u r not too "terikat". work start at 8 since it is half of govmnt body. coming late is still un4given. but moderate..dont misused d advntge. u can start ur work in anytime. after u finish ur brkfast. theres a corner in there where everybody can lepak at d sofa n makan. basic needs like junk food r prepared by d company. dont b shy 2 finish it. time 2 go home start at 5. but normally they r all stay back n layan d intrnet.
  • freely...yup its my luck bcoz when i start my OJT there, they were in a period of having IT training 2 other deprtment. so d gd thing abt it was..our deprtment can hv "makan free" served by catering. startd from brkfast, lunch, tea time. it last abt 3 weeks. so knyang everyday. save budget..
  • routinely...like i said earlier i done nothing everyday. d pressure is 0. just sitting there, answer d phone if its needed, understand d system. only just abt d past few days, after i complained 2 my boss tht i hv nothing 2 do then he decided 2 give me a task. a simple task where i hv 2 develop a system 4 d office user. quite simple though, but d hardest thing is it shld perform PHP language. smthg which i hv not learn at all b4. my boss realize it. but he advised me to take d challenge as a part of learning. it might b beneficial 4 me in d future. just feel free 2 ask anything related. he'll guide me till i succeed.
  • lastly..wht more i can say. i am happy to hv an experience OJT in tht place. but since everything is in malay, i dont really think it is best 4 me. coz all this long i am trying harder 2 b gd in english.

4 comments:

Helas木村 said...

hopefully can finish 2 months balance right.. ahahahah

kumicha said...

eh,helas!
perhaps u shld teach me with d PHP system. i know u r gd in tht.

Helas木村 said...

PHP... heheh i also learn ORACLE.. .NET right now.. wakakakakaka... using sql 2005, sql navigator.. ahaks..... that y my blog always have song.... thats the way i release ma tension.. wahahaha

kumicha said...

pheww..
sounds like ur work really tougher than me.wht a patience n spirit u hv.hope all d hardwork u gain will lead u 2 success in da future.
no pain,no gain..