Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Desert Royal..

Halluuuu..

This time around i want 2 share an interesting story book called, Desert Royal. as seen in picture author by Jean Sasson. actually one of my closest friend had lent it to me. since he found tht im too passionate with d hobby of reading, so in no time i will grab whtever books tht come 2 me.

ive spent abt 2 days 2 finish reading it. i must say tht reading d story makes me so amazed. I felt so fascinated with the story line. u know Y? coz d story actually is based on a true experience of a royal princess in saudi arabia, known as "Sultana". d book not only covers abt d life of a royal. but also highlighted issues such poverty,human/sex slave,woman's emancipation,islamic law,exploitation n so forth.
wht ive learned through the story - i felt so grateful 2b born as a woman here in malaysia.where there is always a room 2b heard, treated nicely by men, hv an oppurtunity as equal 2 men, we're not simply labeled as sex pleasure only.n d most important thing,we r FREE n Independent.
it was really an eye-opener when i read this book. coz rarely we find a story tht tells abt ppl who live in d middle east country.i really had a great time with d book. thanx 2 my dearest friend who approached it 2 me.






3 comments:

sunnyside up said...

Wow ! That was so well written ! You've come a long way kumicha.

All that reading certainly has the effect on you. Picture yourself when you first started this blog.

I've gone back to your earlier writings and it was a far cry from now.....

Like i've written somewhere , you 'eat' books ! I can see you really enjoyed the book .

kumicha said...

neah..i still find tht im still far n left bhind when it comes 2 english.

i cant deny tht i am so in love when it comes 2 read.coz its easy 2 read d words instead of saying it.

another thing is i still cant neglect myself from doing simple grammatical error.which is so poor 4 a graduate stdnt like me.sigh~

sunnyside up said...

Like I say---you have improved, a lot, and at this rate, will further improve.

I always feel that as long as you are moving forward, things can't be that bad.

You can deny it as much as you like, but fact is you HAVE DEFINITELY progressed.

Its the reading that will help you tremendously. And boy ! do you read !!!

Grammatical errors ? Well at least you know your weaknesses. But the mistakes are getting lesser and also of lesser degree as when you first started.

Still---well done !